Backend QA Engineer
Would you like to be part of an innovative project with a significant social impact? Innovamat is looking for someone like you 😎
About our project 🚀
Innovamat is an educational project that seeks to revolutionize how kids learn maths! Our mission is to transform the classroom into a space where children can learn through motivation and stimulation, thanks to our high-quality resources. Our materials, from digital to manipulative ones, facilitate the assessment and the personalization of learning in the 21st century classroom.
More than 100,000 students from 700 different schools use our teaching and learning materials every day and this revolution has only just begun... We need you to make it global!
Company situation 🏢
Innovamat is a didactic proposal with:
- More than 700 schools working with us in Spain
- A gamified platform that allows individualized learning so each student can keep up with it
- More than 5000 resources that help improve maths learning
- A network of experts who train and advise teachers on the didactics of mathematics
- Many opportunities to have a direct impact on our educational system.
Your mission 👨💻👩💻
- You’ll be a key member of our Backend and Internal tools team, contributing to evaluate and design tests, based on different kinds of methodologies and techniques.
- You’ll help to define the processes and ways of working and its implementation inside the team, using and championing the agile methodologies and ways of working in order to improve the quality of the product and the testing processes.
- You’ll have a basic understanding of risk analysis and how to apply it to the testing scope.
- You’ll be an active member of the QA craft, contributing to adopting best practices and projects across all teams at Innovamat.
- You’ll make test tools and/or automation tests as a natural part of your team’s workflow.
Day-to-day life at Innovamat 🏁
We improve our product iteratively and incrementally following the mantra: "Quality is non-negotiable".
We believe in continuous improvement and that is why we carry out training to share experience and knowledge between teams. For this reason, we believe a strong team-working philosophy is the key to achieve all our big challenges.
Who are you 💻
- 2+ years of experience as QA, with at least a year of experience working with database
- You have a deep understanding of whitebox testing, validating end to end with high knowledge of MySQL.
- You have a basic knowledge of PHP code and Symfony Framework.
- You are a proactive person, always eager to learn and improve as well as look for continuous improvement inside and outside your team
- You are not afraid to say no when applicable, challenging yourself and the established ways of working and ideas with constructive feedback and strong reasoning.
Nice to have 🎯
- Basic knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes.
- Automation of testing with Selenium or other automation languages.
- Event source architecture basic knowledge.
- Written and verbal fluent English level.
- Familiar with non-relational databases
What can you expect from us
- The opportunity to transform the education sector and see how children rediscover mathematics and become passionate about it
- Training and growth plan in a young, enthusiastic and dynamic environment.
- Indefinite contract
- Remote-friendly and flexible timetable
- Team building days
- All the coffee, water, milk and/or tea, separately or mixed, that you can drink ;)
- An environment and team which care a lot about:
- Communication based on honesty and respect
- The feeling of belonging
- Intensity, pace, and being self-demanding.
If you think you are that person we are looking for we would love to meet you!